Click HERE for an Access125 overview from HCC President Ron Kreutzer.
In the 2025/26 season the Huntsville Curling Club will celebrate its 125th anniversary. Over the next few seasons, the Club is embarking on the final stages of renovation plans to create a fully accessible facility and to set the foundation for the next 125 years! Given the age of our core building infrastructure, substantial changes are required to make HCC fully accessible. As such, $500,000 in additional renovations at the Club have been forecasted, including:
- an accessible club entrance,
- a lift to allow participants to move to each level of the club,
- accessible washroom and change room facilities.
HCC has introduced a capital campaign called Access125 with a goal of raising over $125K. All funds raised through Access125 will go directly toward the installation of the new accessible front entrance and the elevator lift. Access125 runs from Sept. 2023 to mid-2026 and consists of a number of FUNraising events (such as Saddle Up Huntsville!), Stewardship and Naming Rights.
Stewardship: One aspect of Access125 is a Stewardship campaign. The HCC is working with curlers, past & present, as well as the community, service clubs, and sponsors to support Access125 through a 3 year pledge. We have set up a curling house “motif” to align potential donation levels with a curling term, as well as how we plan to acknowledge and recognize Donor support.
Donor table & Donor Wall:
Many thanks to our generous Donor Wall contributors for their support of Access125! To add your name to this Donor Wall please see below and become part of the Access125 Stewardship Campaign.
Why donate to Access125?
- You share our passion for curling
- Help open the Club to everyone through HCC Accessibility plans
- Leave a legacy and support the next 125 years at HCC
- In Memoriam Donations: A great way to honour a loved one
- Have a positive impact on a community resource
- Donors can receive a tax receipt for their donation
- Donors will be acknowledged (unless requested to be anonymous), via
- Listing on our website and in the HCC newsletter
- Name on a donor board reflecting the appropriate curling ring attained
- For the 8 Ender Patrons Cabinet: a special wall plaque honouring HCC Patrons
Donate to Access125: How it works
Step 1: Determine your donor level & whether it will be a one time donation or a 3 year pledge.
Step 2: Decide if you will donate online or via Cheque to the HCC
2a. If you are donating online:
You can donate to Access125 by clicking the button at the bottom. This link will take you to the HCC Access125 Project at the Ontario Sport Network(OSN).
- Click the RED Donate Today button and fill in the online form.
- Enter your donation amount, note it will show up ‘As A One Time Donation’.
- Select “Huntsville Curling Club (Access125: HCC Accessibility & Club House Renovation) for the Organization Name
- If paid by Credit Card, OSN will automatically email you your tax receipt.
- If paid by cheque (drop off at the HCC office), your tax receipt will be sent later
- Please do not select DUPLICATE receipt due to an additional $2 admin fee
2b. If you are donating via Cheque
- Drop off your cheque, payable to Huntsville Curling Club, to the HCC Office
- Cheques will be collected and mailed to the OSN
- Once deposited, the OSN will issue tax receipts to the HCC, who in turn will send the donor an email with their tax receipt.
3. Feel gratitude for making a difference through your support of Access125. HCC will use information from the OSN to record and recognize your support.
Donate Now Tax receipted donations!